Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Jeannette Chong Aruldoss - Nomination Day



TRANSCRIPT OF SPEECH DELIVERED ON NOMINATION DAY – 1ST SEPTEMBER 2015:

Mountbatten voters, 4 years ago I stood before you and told you of my desire to serve you. Four years have now passed, but my desire to serve you has only grown more intense, and more urgent.

We need to close the gap between what our government is delivering - and what we deserve. We need to close the gap between the system we now have - and the society we want.

Let me speak-up for you, because my opponent sometimes cannot speak, for fear of the party whip. Let me stand up for you, to fight for your entitlements, because our leaders sometimes do not hear our voices.

Mountbatten voters, come polling day, vote for me. I will be your tireless MP in Mountbatten, and your fearless fighter in Parliament.

No comments:

Post a Comment